Celebrate Kingsday with this delicious and orange recipe! Did you know that β-Carotene, an organic pigment, causes vegetables to be orange? This is how a sweet potato or an orange bell pepper get their bright orange colour!
Pumpkin Soup with Sweet potato
Time: 30 minutes
- 400 g pumpkin
- 150 g sweet potato
- 100 g carrots
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 400 ml water
- 1 cube of vegetable broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbl cottage cheese
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Optional: chives to garnish the dish
- Peel the pumpkin and sweet potato and cut into chunks.
- Wash the carrots and cut into large pieces as well.
- Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic
- Put a little olive oil in the pan and fry the onion and garlic
- Add the sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the water to the pan and crumble the bouillon cube
- Add the spices and leave the soup to boil for 15 minutes on a low heat. Stir regularly.
- Purée the soup with the hand blender
- Taste and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the soup with a tablespoon of cottage cheese and garnish with chives.